Who doesn’t like having a million-dollar youthful smile that would look picture-perfect? Did you know that your teeth play a major role in rendering a youthful facial appearance? Your teeth may make you look younger or older, depending on their aesthetics, color, and setting. If you want a younger and healthier mien, a smile lift treatment from a certified cosmetic dentist Texas might be the solution!
What is a Smile Lift?
A smile lift is a dental procedure that helps restore one’s dental appearance and smile aesthetics through various procedures, including porcelain crowns, dental veneers, teeth whitening, and dental implants. A comprehensive smile lift therapy would address all your facial aesthetic concerns and improve your bites.
By improving one’s bite, we mean that your dentist would enable you to chew more naturally, and over the years, you can gain better facial shape and strength as the jaw muscles gradually adopt correct chewing movements.
To put it briefly, many people love to have visually appealing facial expressions, and they wish to be distinctive in the crowd. And a smile lift surgery may improve one’s facial expression by lifting your mouth’s corners and toning your jaw muscles, thus rendering a happier, jollier, and thunder-looking smile.
What are the Steps?
In a professional smile-lifting treatment, your cosmetic dentist would follow these steps to ensure the best outcomes:
- Smile Analysis: First things first, your dental team would perform a thorough smile analysis by examining your teeth structure, the health of individual teeth, facial appearance, gum health, oral health, and underlying dental conditions. The dentists would decide whether you are the right candidate for a smile lift or whether other more critical things need to be addressed first.
- Create a treatment plan: Depending on your oral health and personalized needs, your dentist would create a customized plan that would suit your budget and other lifestyle choices. Also, your dentist would decide the best treatment plan to restore your midline, teeth length, bone or enamel quality, crown-to-root ratio, and strength of bites, thus improving your overall facial appearance.
- Smile Designing: The final step of the smile designing process begins after your dentist has created a thorough plan after discussing it with you and considering your needs. For example, an expert cosmetic dentist would be the right person who would know whether you need to get any damaging tooth restoration completed or need to correct too long or too short teeth. Because these odd teeth shapes and sizes are the major factors that may give you an older appearance.
What to Expect?
A smile lift can help restore and reset your lateral commissure, which is the point where your upper and lower lips meet. Your dentist would work on restoring and shifting this commissure to an upward direction, thus lifting your smile.
Depending on the extent of smile restoration required, your dentist may need to make a small incision at the points of each side of your mouth. Elevating your mouth corners is necessary; later, doctors do the stitching and restoration.
Don’t worry; your cosmetic dentistry team will guide you with all the expectations and outcomes before starting the process. You will get complete knowledge of the procedures you may need to undergo and the outcomes you can expect after achieving the treatment plan.
Do I need a Smile Lift?
The truth is, not everybody would need to undergo a permanent smile lift procedure. Instead, many clients may also benefit from a non-surgical treatment like Botox injections, which dentists give to the lip corners. This injecting process helps prevent your mouth corners from turning down, which gives an aged look. The Botox injection may last 3–6 months, and some clients may also prefer such a treatment to remove the frown aging lines that appear on one’s forehead.
Smile lift treatment, however, is a permanent solution to treat your disfigured smiles that may occur due to aging. If you wish to stay immune to the signs of aging and look happier and younger, go for it!
How Will I Benefit from a Smile Lift?
As mentioned above, if you are ready for a permanent smile-uplifting solution, and if your dentist feels you are eligible to undergo a smile lift, you can book an appointment with the best dentist in Texas. Here are the benefits of a smile lift treatment procedure –
- It can restore a youthful and more cheerful facial appearance, making you look younger.
- It improves your bites and overall oral health.
- It helps to add strength and charm to your precious smile.
- It helps to bring back the lost elasticity (due to aging) in your lips.
- It makes you feel more confident and look more ‘photogenic’!
With that said, it’s safe to say that a smile lift treatment would deliver beautiful smiles and make you look younger and jollier. We understand that you may feel a bit anxious at first thinking about the incision stage and whether the outcomes will be good for you, trust that happier smiles are awaiting beyond a challenging procedure. Have faith in your cosmetic dentist, and together you can make it a success!