If you want your family to have clean, healthy teeth, you must ensure they get Preventative dental care. This form of dental care helps maintain our teeth with the help of a regular oral hygiene routine to avoid any serious dental problems later on!
So if you are considering consulting a Preventative care dentist in Aubrey, TX, but wish to know more about the Preventative care industry, read on as we explain what it entitles, its benefits, and its services. Let’s get started!
What is Preventative Dental Care?
Preventative dental care or Preventative dentistry refers to the proper care of our teeth and gum to maintain dental and oral hygiene. It involves regular checkups, dentist clean-ups, and good dental habits like flossing and brushing.
Who Offers Preventative Dental Care?
- General or Family Dentist
A family dentist or a general dentist provides the best preventative dental care for you and your family. A family dentist specializes in routine Preventative care, including X-rays, regular checkups, and teeth cleaning. They help identify any potential dental problem and help you adopt a healthy oral and dental hygiene routine to eliminate the problem early on.
- Pediatric Dentist
Preventative dental care starts from early childhood; thus, a pediatric dentist in Aubrey, TX, offers Preventive dental care services. They perform regular checkups and examinations on kids and help them follow a dental care routine to ensure their teeth remain healthy throughout life.
Benefits of Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care helps lower the risk of gum disease, potential tooth decay, or any other serious dental problems from a young age.
- It helps you and your family adopt a good dental care routine, including flossing, brushing twice daily, and others.
- Under Preventative dental care, your family dentist or pediatric dentist will perform regular exams of your neck, jaw, and mouth to identify and eradicate any dental problems.
- Preventative dental care is essential for individuals suffering from chronic medical conditions like eating disorders, osteoporosis, and diabetes. These diseases take a toll on one’s dental health, and regular Preventative care will help minimize these arising problems.
Services Provided Under Preventative Dental Care
- Oral Examinations
The most important part of Preventative dental care is regular dental examinations. These include X-rays of your mouth, jaw, and neck to check your overall dental and oral health and identify any potential problems early on.
- Oral Cleaning and Hygiene
Your Preventative dental care specialist will conduct thorough oral cleaning now and again to ensure your teeth remain clean and healthy. This saves you from future oral problems like cavities and gum disease.
- Fluoride Treatment
Fluoride treatment is an integral part of oral hygiene maintenance. When your Preventative care specialist identifies a cavity early on, they can provide fluoride treatment to ensure it doesn’t grow above and beyond.
- Home Care Education
Preventative dental care includes extensive home care education from your dental specialist. Your dentist will provide a simple yet effective home care dental routine for you and your family like flossing, proper brushing, and others.
Thus, you can see that Preventative dental care is extremely important for you and your family. It ensures proper dental care to avoid any severe oral problems later on. So please book an appointment with our dentist in Aubrey, TX, and get started with your Preventative dental care journey! All the best!